Swift Navigation is a multi-national tech startup navigating the future of autonomous vehicles. Our highly collaborative teams are pushing state of the art in satellite navigation technology, making high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications in unmanned aerial vehicles, robotics and autonomous transportation. With over 75 employees across 3 countries we are making GPS positioning technology more accurate and affordable across a variety of applications.
The next Data Center Operator will be experienced working in a cloud environment as we move to a service oriented architecture. This is a hands on technical lead role focused on building and maintaining our next generation infrastructure that powers our technology worldwide. The ideal candidate has domain experience building and monitoring large, scalable data centers and sensor networks. Additionally, operational knowledge of the major public clouds (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Services, or OpenStack) is valuable. We’ll rely on you to build standard methodologies for scaling out our footprint and leading daily operations of our data centers downline.
Candidates should have skills and experience with
- Linux system administration
- Network experience and knowledge of monitoring/running micro-service architectures in lights out, 24x7 environments
- Excellent social and planning skills, time management, and cross-team collaboration
- Expertise with scripting languages (Python, Go, Bash)
- 5+ years relevant experience leading mid to large scale data centers
- Experience with system management and monitoring tools i.e.Grafana, Prometheus, DataDog, PagerDuty
- Working with containers or Kubernetes
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of:
- Maintaining co-located data centers and bringing online new data centers or regions
- Building operational dashboards and alarms
- Has led or assisted with the implementation of service methodologies to an organization
- Capacity planning, and forecasting
- CDCMP - Certified Data Center Management Professional a plus
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, and employer subsidized benefits.
- Dynamic engineering role -- technological innovation is at the core of our business.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation, Inc. was founded in 2012 to make GPS positioning technology more accurate and affordable. Its GPS and GNSS positioning products are available a fraction of the price of the competition and deliver 100 times better accuracy than the GPS in a cell phone. Swift Navigation’s technology benefits a multitude of industries and applications—including autonomous vehicles, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), precision agriculture, robotics, surveying and space. With its innovation and technology honored by Inc.’s 2016 and Forbes 2017 30 Under 30 lists, Swift Navigation is enabling a world where fields farm themselves, drones fly safely and autonomous transportation can take you home.