VulcanForms is seeking new team members that are eager to learn new skills and break out of their comfort zone. We believe in empowering our people and providing employees with whatever they need to learn, grow and excel. As a valued member of our team, we proudly offer exceptional compensation and benefits packages.
Objectives and responsibilities:
You will be expected to implement algorithms for generating tool paths that meet the needs of an industrial additive manufacturing machine. You will create software for collection and analysis of process data. The software you will create will be tailored for, and integrated with the actuation, sensing and control systems of our printers.
You will also implement specialized extensions for off-the-shelve software simulation packages for additive manufacturing. You will integrate 3rd party software packages into the machine software.
Additional tasks may include outsourcing and overseeing outside consulting and contract software services.
You will generate and maintain documentation of designed tools and projects.
Our software team just started expanding and as the software lead you will have a very large ownership of the project - you will define our inhouse coding standards and platforms we use, there will be also large amount of hands-on coding tasks.
Your profile and skills:
- Excited about taking new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics or relevant field
- Excellent background in object-oriented design
- Excellent background in C++ and Python
- Experience with version control software
- Experience with developing one or more of: 3D CAD software, CAM software, additive manufacturing CAD software, slicing codebases, is a plus
- Experience with computational geometry is a plus
- Experience with image processing and digital image correlation
- Team player with great communication skills
- Apply theoretical knowledge in a real-life application
- Eager to learn new skills