We’re a venture backed startup building a new generation of automation and fulfillment systems for e-commerce, retail, and third-party logistics operations. Life at 6 River Systems (6RS) is about creating amazing systems that solve real world customer problems. We create magic by harnessing the power of people, software, hardware and data.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and teamwork. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly meaningful problems. We believe that great work gets done in a positive, supportive environment. We are seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join a high-performing team that owns the accounting and financial reporting functions. This position must be able to work cross functionally and wear multiple hats.
• Be a key contributor as we scale the Finance & Accounting Teams and double the size of our Company
• Support the deployment and integration of multiple new technologies
• Collaborate with teams and leaders across functional areas (operations, supply chain, marketing, sales, etc.)
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and new methods to scale our business
• Collaborate with FP&A to understand and explain budget vs. actual variances.
• Assist with annual audits, insurance renewals and tax filings
• Own the General Ledger. Manage all transaction and journal entries
• Learn a new industry that is undergoing a great deal of technological change and the corresponding updates to accounting guidance
• Managed invoice and payment processing as well as vendor relations
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries as a part of the month-end close
• Contribute to various ad hoc projects as needed
2+ years of related accounting experience, B.S. in Accounting
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
High energy, enthusiasm and ambition to grow in your career
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Attention to detail
Basic understanding of US GAAP