Swift Navigation is looking for an Applications engineer to create rich customer experiences with our high-accuracy positioning products. You will be working with a small team to push the state of the art in satellite navigation technology, making high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use for automated driving and other automotive applications.
Your job will be to inspire and equip our customers with the tools and knowledge necessary to integrate our products with their platforms from a software and system perspective. You’ll work closely with our customers and engineering teams to research customer requirements, design effective tools and documentation, and help our customers integrate our products into theirs. You’ll also design and hack together creative demos to show off the capabilities of our products and to provide feedback from a user’s perspective.
Candidates should have skills and experience with:
- Automotive industry and applications
- Satellite Navigation (GNSS/GPS) and/or inertial navigation (INS) systems used for automotive applications, precision navigation, machine control, or robotics.
- Automotive Customer-facing sales and/or applications engineering
- Embedded C and microcontrollers
- Communications (Serial, CAN, UART, usb, ethernet, SPI, I2C)
- Embedded Linux and/or Buildroot and/or QNX and/or Autosar or other automotive operating systems
Strong candidates will also have skills and experience with:
- Fundamentals of satellite navigation
- Fundamentals of RF in an automotive environment
- System testing and verification
- Technical project management
- Technical writing
- Scripting (Python, Bash)
The candidate should expect to:
- Provide electrical, mechanical, and system integration support to customers
- Contribute to mainline development with an eye towards improving the customer experience
- Act as a community ambassador
- Design and present compelling demos to showcase Swift Navigation products
- Author and improve technical documentation and application white-papers
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering to deliver messages and solutions to customers
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Headquartered in San Francisco, close to public transportation we are well financed. Swift offers unlimited vacation days, competitive salary and benefits, 401(k), a casual office environment, frequent catered lunches, hackathons and tech talks aiding one's professional growth in all our employees. Come join us!